Saturday 9 May 2015

Man with iron fists 2 review




Why?? That is the question I was asking myself after ten minutes of this dribble. I don't usually walk out of movie theatres (could only endure first half hour of the first movie come excrement) and this incarnation was like "oh I didn't quite finish emptying my bowels on the first movie so lets do a sequel". Sure, I do watch my fair share of B movies and although it's like nails on chalk- board throughout, there is an element of fun no matter how small. This however was pure torture even though I watched it in 3X the speed (thankyou FF button).  RZA is a martial arts fanatic and it shows but before he decides to let loose another cinematic turd, someone needs to spoon-feed him that martial arts needs to be justified on screen with a semblence of backstory AND look cool not just cool in your head.  Yes I hated the film (thankfully a straight to DVD release) and yet I sat through it for sake of this review. I walked out on the first film and for some odd reason thought this might be better (couldn't have been more wrong). So in closing I would say that this is the perfect movie to show your enemies or anyone you want to extract information from. Avoid like the plague. On second thoughts the plague was a joy compared to this so better to say "just avoid" (or watch at own risk). Now excuse me while I rinse out my eyeballs.

No comments: