Sunday 10 September 2017

Family (2001) reviiew

Directed by the well known Tikashi Miike (13 assassins) but this film unlike his previous ones is a mess. Now I do enjoy yakuza/gangster movies (go read my take on Election and Election 2) but this one is not recommended by me as it is all over the place and leaves you completely and utterly confused about what is going on. Surprising as it was for me as I do understand many complex (no matter how strange) movies, this really left me scratching my head even though I saw it twice. I did try to enjoy this film (I really did) but sometimes you just have to submit and admit defeat and try to move on. Move on I did and went to see a really good movie (which I will share with you guys soon) at my local Cineworld. Anyway, back to the subject at hand; Tikashi Mikke fans might enjoy this film and who knows, they might even be able to make more sense of the going ons than I did but as for me...I will give it a wide berth and say that it came across as a huge disappointment so will give it a thumbs down unless you're willing to be confused.

No comments: