Sunday 29 April 2018

Avengers infinity war review


IMDb gave it a 9.1, Rotten Tomatoes gave it an 84% I however will give it a simple "meh". Now before you guys bring out the pitch forks and torches to form an angry lynch mob; let me clarify that this is MY opinion as an individual and not some overstuffed/overpaid tie wearing critic. In all honesty, I think that this movie was going in too many directions at once with not enough time to tell the stories of any one particular. Now I'm not saying that this was a bad film (in fact I quite enjoyed it) just that it did bite off more than it could chew (cliche, I know). From the very first scene...we are shown that this Marvel superheroes movie will not be the same as those that have come before it and that we are in for one hell of a ride. Make no mistake, there are a multiple of emotions going on here and no one is going to come out of it unscathed. Even the villain in this film has more layers than an onion (again with the metaphors???) and way more complex to the villains of old. Don't really want to spoil anything here but I will say that the ending is much more daring and bold than the beginning and has a real emotional bang on the viewer. As is synonymous with Marvel movies nowadays: the post credit scene (it's worth sitting through the credits for this one) is a right whopper and brilliantly sets the scene for things to come. I would wholeheartedly recommend this movie to all and would also say that comic book fans might not enjoy it as much (or enjoy it a lot. Who can say?).

No comments: