Saturday 21 April 2018

Annie (2014) review

To sum the entire movie in one word: WHY??? My review should end there as I did not find any redeeming qualities about this while watching...but as per usual, when I start something, I must get on with it and finish (call it a curse).  Okaaaay; what to say...what to say about this piece of #!%*. Well for starters everyone involved in this film is wrong...ooh boy are they wrong. It seems that the entire cast is just trying too hard. The original film was a pleasure to watch and the characters portrayed were easy to connect with but as it is with karma: with every good there is a bad (in this case rotten). The acting just seems tacked on. Even the musical numbers were grating to my ears. Maybe I am being overly harsh so looking at this from a different angle I will say that I understand the need for political correctness and all that nowadays and that you really can't get away with things that were done 30 or so years ago but come on; look at other similar musical remakes, granted they don't hold a candle to the originals but they do do a half way decent job of it. Not naming any names here but although I dread seeing modern remakes: most if not all do keep my interest. After seeing this pathetic attempt at a remake made me all the more nostalgic for the original. This however is just my opinion and I would guess that some (???) people actually enjoyed this movie Whatever next? A remake of "sound of music"?

No comments: