Friday 30 June 2017

Ashura review

I came across this while browsing a small second hand shop and from what I read on the back of the DVD case, it piqued my interest. Firstly, let me say that we all are spoilt for choice when watching (budgeted or big name) Hollywood films and the polish or lack there-of on those films. This little known (by me) Japanese film is somewhat reminiscent of the movie "WOOCHI the demon slayer" as both films are about demons. If you guys and gals have read my review of "blood the last vampire" then it wouldn't be amiss to say that I enjoyed this one as well immensely as the other; cheap CGI or not. Even more so as this was a period piece drama as well as a horror of  sorts. Yes, the CGI effects would seem laughable to most people out there but as it was used sparingly and used to move the plot along: it is forgivable (a necessary evil I'd say).  To say any more about this film would spoil the experience for those of you who would want to go see this so I'll just leave you to it. If you can find this movie somehow/somewhere then I do recommend you see it as it is something that doesn't come along so often.

No comments: