Thursday 6 July 2017

spider-man homecoming review

I wasn't sure of how this would turn out when it was announced but I am glad to say that it surpassed all my expectations. I went in to the cinema somewhat dubious and came out with a BIG grin plastered on my face; in fact I can confidently say that both my brother and I were grinning like a pair of jokers all the way home. This is a true comic book nerd's dream come true: it ticks most if not all boxes of comic book lore. most importantly it emphasises the teenage awkwardness of Peter Parker and shows an abundance of how his school life is. Understandably nowadays, the race swap of some of the characters and name swaps of others didn't really make that much of a difference but the only gripe I had was that the studio powers decided on making Aunt May young enough to be Peter's sister. OK so there were a few issues of spidey in which Aunt May was lent out to a modelling agency but still she didn't look as young as this. Thankfully though, the focus isn't on Aunt May (can you imagine "the amazing spider-man and his super Aunt" :-O) and on characters who are more familiar to us. Bringing in actor Tom Holland was a risky move but thankfully he pulls it off splendidly. As for Michael Keaton...well what can you say about such a great actor; he is excellent in all of his roles. I have so much to say about this movie but am likely to slip up and give away the plot so the less said the better. I will end by saying that everyone of you should go see this as this is the best Spider-man movie yet and that is saying a lot (coming from me).  I'm truly sorry Sam Raimi but its the truth.

No comments: