Friday 30 March 2018

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World review

OK. lets start with me saying that I had a real blast while watching this. I guess this could (and would in some circles) be interpreted as a cheesy movie but if you enjoy reading comics/graphic novels and are gravitated towards the more weird side of things (eg: Japanese animation) then you will most definitely enjoy this. Based on a comic and being a hilarious film in its own right; the whole film plays out like a surreal video game abet a really fun and wild ride with tons of humorous gags thrown in. Seriously, I'd challenge anyone to watch this with a straight face. Even the music has a certain charm to it being catchy and funny at the same time. All of the actors do a good job although a special mention goes out to Chris Evans for surprising us with his highly unusual acting (hilarious trust me). I honestly do wish that I had seen this in the cinema with like minded people just so to see and hear reactions from others. From the opening 8 bit style to the end of the movie I was totally hooked. Yes, when one does break down the story and compares to real life it does get a bit absurd but that is best left to critics (I am anything but a critic). So adding to that: just enjoy the experience. This movie is a romantic story but VERY loosely romantic; I mean that the romantic connections are included but not done in the traditional sense. I would recommend this film very highly and if you are into gaming and comics (who isn't nowadays) then you will enjoy it all the more.

No comments: